Friday, July 24, 2009

consider exiting treasury shorts

the 100% nav short treasury position has done well... the gain is 1.5%, enough to ease losses on the short copper position. I should have shorted yen as a "recovery" trade too.

I'll consider exiting today.

Although I have not been successful in conducting the real-time experiment... I have done a nice job. I like how I played good defense in establishing the SPY shorts and bond longs in June. I also closed the Treasury longs and SPY shorts when I realized I was wrong about the rally, and became "defensive" in my bearish stance.

I do not regret the currency positions although they could be better timed.

Edit:

Exit Treasury short at 3.68% for a gain of 1.5%

Add short S&P 80% NAV at 97.90... I expect the market to close lower on monday. Position will have to be played defensively.

No comments: